Monday, August 25, 2008

My Poor Sick Baby



This is a way sad picture of my sick baby. She has had some high fevers lately and just doesn't feel that well. I went to work on Saturday and left her home with her daddy and when i came home this is what i found. She was sitting in her bouncer chair with a cool rag on her head to help break the fever and just hating life. I took her to the doctor today and it was sooo sad. They did a few tests on her. They did a urinalysis ( to do this they had to cath her) and then they took blood for a blood test. They couldn't get the needle into her vein because it was too big and then they poked a whole in her heel and squeezed her foot until they got enough blood the fill the two vials. It was way hard as a mom to sit there and watch someone make your baby cry on purpose. I felt helpless. Anyway we get the results back tomorrow. Pray for my boo!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Ooohhh...Becka she looks so cute...even when shes sick...poor little thing :( Doctor visits are never fun. Hope she feels better soon.

Sarah Smith said...

My poor little girl she needs me. Love you and the kids. Give them loves and can't wait to get back down there.

Tarbet Family said...

Becca,
Hey I just saw the picture of your little girl all sick. I know exactly how you feel. We've had a couple of scares with Maddox in the E.R. Every single time he gets sick he gets the highest fevers. He just had a cold a couple of weeks ago and he had a fever for three days. Just from a cold. He gets seizures from his high fevers. The first time he had his seizure it was just an ear infection, I saw him shaking and stop breathing. He went compleely blue and went lifeless. I tried CPR and we flew to the hospital on a cold snowy night. His fever was 106 when we got to the hospital. They couldn't get a vein either and almost had to put one in his head, but finally got one. They wouldn't even let me in the room I was so histerical. I know how you feel. We've been in another time with a high fever seizure, and they stink. I just do the tylenol and IB Profen switch off every three hours. I wish someone would have told me that, but the doctors probably have. Anyway I just wanted to relate and let you know everything will be fine. Hope she feels better.